Zion Christian Academy is a growing, Christ-centered Pre-K through 12th-grade college preparatory school in Columbia, TN. The school opened in 1979 and is a ministry of Zion Presbyterian Church. Currently, ZCA serves over 400 students on a 45-acre campus that includes two academic buildings, a full-size gymnasium, a football/soccer stadium, as well as baseball and softball fields. We have witnessed God’s providence in guiding families and individuals to create a truly remarkable school. Mindful that “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain…” we look forward to what He will do at Zion Christian Academy.
The mission of Zion Christian Academy is to instruct students from the light of God’s Word in order to equip them for a lifetime of learning, leadership, service, and worship for the glory of God.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible, as found in the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:2)
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory. (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11)
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature that men are justified on the single ground of the atoning blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 2:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Romans 3:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Genesis 1:26-28, 5:1-2)
Zion Christian Academy: Past and Present
In 1809, the first school at Zion Presbyterian Church was started. This school, subsequently named Stephenson Academy, was attended by the 11th president of the United States James K. Polk.
In 1979, the church began the present school under the name Zion Christian Academy. In this endeavor, the mission of Zion Presbyterian Church was to provide a completely non-denominational Christian school to the families who live in this Middle Tennessee region.
From its humble beginnings in a small, brick schoolhouse with just 21 students being taught by ZCA’s first teacher, Miss Lou Banks Fulton — we have grown to almost 500 students with over 50 teachers and support staff.
Steeped in history, we are located on over 45 acres in a beautiful rural setting in Maury County. Years of tradition and excellence embrace ZCA and our foremost mission of providing quality Christian education remains to this day.
Learn more about what makes ZCA distinct in our educational approach and philosophy.