Zion Christian Academy: Past and Present
In 1839, the first school at Zion Presbyterian Church was started. This school, subsequently named Stephenson Academy, was attended by the 11th president of the United States James K. Polk.
In 1979, the church began the present school under the name Zion Christian Academy.
In this endeavor, the mission of Zion Presbyterian Church was to provide a completely non-denominational Christian school to the families who live in this Middle Tennessee region.
From its humble beginnings in a small, brick schoolhouse with just 21 students being taught by ZCA’s first teacher, Miss Lou Banks Fulton -- we have grown to almost 500 students with over 50 teachers and support staff.
Steeped in history, we are located on over 45 acres in a beautiful rural setting in Maury County. Years of tradition and excellence embrace ZCA and our foremost mission of providing quality Christian education remains to this day.